Monday, November 17, 2014

Visitors!

Somehow I've neglected to talk about our visitors for Abby's birthday!! My parents came into town on Thursday evening, just in time to watch Nate at TKD. And as luck would have it, he earned his yellow stripe! So that was a treat for them to see.
Proud Nanny!
 Then we met Greg for dinner at Steamer's on the Strip....lots of yummy seafood for everyone!
Abby asked the waitress 3x to bring out the hushpuppies! :)

 Friday, the kids were off to school, so we had a lazy morning at the house. Well, at least Mom & I did....Dad was off getting new tires on Greg's car and running his usual errands :) We had lunch at Zoe's, picked up some last minute items for Abby's party, and then picked up the kiddos around 3 pm.
Poppy is the only one that buys this girl Cheetos :)
 I let Abby pick one present to open, and she picked one from Aunt Bebe. It was a My Little Pony Palace!!! Without being asked, Nate jumped right in and started putting it together. Gosh I love having Bob the Builder for a son!!

The completed project!
 Then, Nate insisted that Abby open his present. Click here to watch that and hear Nate read his card to her. (It says "I hope you like the present. I love you the most, but not more than Mommy & Daddy. Love, Nate.) Ha!
Her fave MLP character, Princess Celestia
 Saturday morning, we decided to open a few more presents. (The party wasn't until 2:30 so I needed something to keep her busy, ha!)
Awesome Magnetix from Aunt Gena & Uncle Kevin!

Princess Twilight Sparkle from Mrs. Shannon
 And then.....she got her first Barbie.

I am still mad at you, Nanny!!

But Abby is in love :)
 Taking another new present (the rainbow streamer) for a ride around the neighborhood. Lucky Nanny got to be the twirling baton girl :)

Sprinkle overload :)
 The pony painting party was a huge success, and then I found this scene once we got home. I'm not sure who enjoys "selfies" more....my dad or the kids!
 
Gymanstics pants from us

A "Snackeez" cup from a friend at school
 Sunday morning, Poppy braved the cold and got us some Krispy Kreme donuts! Of course the birthday girl got the first pick :)

A much better present for round #2 from Nanny & Poppy - legos!
 Then it was off to Lake Lurleen for a family fun day! Greg took the kids out there 2 months ago while I was on a girls' weekend trip with my sisters & mom. The kids have been eager to take me there, and I knew N&P would love to play on the playground, picnic, and hike with us.
Old school see-saws!!




Practicing for "American Ninja Warrior"

Another blast from the past...a merry-go-round!



The kids loved when Daddy did "giant steps" and controlled
the ends of both their see-saws.

No words

Poppy lasted about 2.2 seconds on the see-saw, but he did it!

Our beautiful backdrop for the day!





Throwing rocks

Ready for our hike!






They were so great about taking turns & being the leader!


We had to help Nanny over the "mud bridge"



Daddy showed Nate how to skip rocks!



He got pretty good at it at the end, and actually skipped a few!

We made it to the mile mark, now time to turn back....

We made it!
 When we got back from Lake Lurleen, we played one of Abby's new games. It's a jewelry/dress-up type of game, and Nate was a great sport!! (Check out those dangly earrings, ha!)
 


Abby worked hard (with Nate's supervision) to complete her first two
lego sets. I don't know who was more proud - me or Nate!!

One last bedtime story from Poppy
As usual, we had a great time with N&P, and look forward to seeing them soon (for once) in Atlanta next week. N&P, thank you for all the help with the party, and for spoiling my kids with all your attention!! Love you both :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post! The pictures of the lake are amazing! And I love how Nate always points in the direction that he's about to throw :) He looks just like poppy, btw (3rd picture).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great weekend! There is nothing I like better than spending time with my beautiful grandchildren, daughter and son-in-law. The park and hike was so fun as the beautiful pictures show.

    ReplyDelete