Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Abby's Day

Abby's favorite food in the whole.wide.world is GRITS! Yes, we have a major Southern Belle on our hands :) So, when she requested grits for her birthday dinner, it was no surprise. But since those are Greg's specialty, and he had to teach late Monday night, we decided to have her "breakfast for dinner" birthday dinner on Sunday. (Which worked out great because my parents were still in town and got to feast on this delicious meal with us!)
 
Bacon, breakfast casserole, a heaping pile of grits, half of a donut, and pineapple!!
(And yes, she ate ALL this plus a second helping of grits!)
 Monday morning, the birthday girl woke up to her favorite breakfast food - French toast. Can you tell our world revolves around food!?
 Then it was off to school and I joined her at lunchtime with these beauties:
She actually wanted a "Barbie Party" instead of "My Little Ponies," but I nixed that.
This was our compromise.

Lunch selfie :)

White lipstick
I decided to surprise her and check her out early after our lunch date!! She was sooooo happy to not have to stay & nap at school on her birthday! Then, I had another surprise....click here to watch me telling Abby about it....
 
So, off we went to the "real nail place" for Mommy & Daughter pedicures. So fun!
(I have been toying with the idea of taking her for awhile, but just want to create a monster. Because she loooooooooooooooves for me to paint her nails at home. I told her this was just for very special occasions and that it would be a long time till we're back. I have a feeling she wasn't really listening though :)

She insisted on wearing the party hat they gave her at school, ha!

She loved her chair and especially the "foot tub" attached to it!

While her feet were soaking, they filed & painted her fingernails.
She was mesmerized.


She couldn't quite figure out what was going on when he starting putting
lotion on her legs and massaging her...

....but clearly, it didn't take long for her to figure out to sit back
& soak it all up! :)

Happy girl! Waiting on Mommy to be done.



We still had about 1.5 hours until Nate was out of school, so we did some shopping nearby. First up, Crazy 8. I told her she could pick out any one thing in the store. As soon as we walked in, she saw a white FUR coat and it was $50. I had to say no to that and luckily, she found a cute skirt (on the clearance rack, no less)! It was so cheap, I let her pick out two :)

While I was in line to pay, I let her wander around the store on her own.
This is where I found her; she said she was "spying on some babies," ha!
Stop #2 was Barnes & Noble for some lego creations....
And stop #3 was a new playground in the middle of the shopping center....

While we were in the carpool line waiting on Nate, she told me that this had been the "second most favorite day of her life." I asked what was #1 and she said "that day in the summer where we went to the pool & had fireworks." So....July 4th. Note to self: buy sparklers for her 6th birthday :)
The day was topped off with her weekly gymnastics class, where she got to rock some new leotard pants and see one of her besties, Indya!
 
I had a great day with my girl.....it's so fun to see how much joy she gets out of little things .... whether its having me come eat lunch with her class, or just spending time one-on-one with me. I know she won't always be so easy to please, so I'll take what I can now! :)

1 comment:

  1. Her legs look so long in those leotard pants. I can't wait till I am allowed to take her to get nails done!

    ReplyDelete