Abby
Reece, you are five years old today!!
I remember this was a big birthday for
your brother, because I told him he could finally have gum when he turned five.
I’ve told you the same thing, and you could care less J Besides, you think you are five going on fifteen!! For
some reason, you are anxious to grow up and “be a Mommy,” but I’m trying to
convince you otherwise. Being a kid is the best! And you are at SUCH a fun age
right now….
You get
to go to school every day and see your friends.
You get
to take gymnastics class once a week.
You get
to play outside with the neighbors after school every day; no homework for you!
You get
to wear wacky outfits and no one gives you a second look.
You get
to have your nails painted by Mommy anytime you want.
You get
to swing on our swing set as long as you want, and sing to the birds as loudly
as you want.
You get
to sleep in on weekends.
You get
to play dress-up and act like a princess.
You get
to wrestle with Daddy & hang on him like a jungle gym anytime you want.
You get
to make a zillion creations in our craft room.
You get
to hang out with the world’s best big brother every day.
..I would
say you have a pretty good life!!!
You also
add SO much to our life…..your smiles light up a room, your laughs fill up a
room, and your outfits entertain a room J
Basically,
you are the daughter I never knew I wanted! I have a *special* surprise planned
for you today after school and I cannot wait to see your reaction! There’s
something to be said for the mother-daughter relationship, and I’m just so
happy you’re mine. Forever.
(So when
you’re turning 14 and have decided you hate me, please re-read this post and try
to remember all of our fun times together!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is my
favorite part of birthday blogs – strolling down memory lane:
| 1 week old |
| 6 months old |
![]() |
| 1 year old |
![]() |
| 18 months old |
| 2 years old |
| 2.5 years old |
| 3 years old |
| 3.5 years old |
| 4 years old |
| 4.5 years old |
And here are some recent pictures....never a dull moment with Miss Priss....
I ask the kids the same birthday survey every year, and here are Abby's answers:
How old are you? 5
What makes you happy? Swinging
What is your favorite animal? Unicorn
What is your favorite thing to eat? Grits
What is your least favorite thing to eat? Lettuce
What is your favorite thing to do? Build forts
What is your favorite TV show? My Little Pony
What are you really good at? Coloring
What is your favorite movie? Frozen
What is your favorite color? Pink
What is your favorite song? “Shake it Off” by Taylor Swift
Who is your best friend? Caroline & Kate
What do you and your Mom do together? Play games
What do you and your Dad do together? Snuggle
What is your favorite sport? Gymnastics
Where is your favorite place to go? Airwalk in Birmingham
What is your favorite book? Barbie (?!)
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Mommy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*If you want to recap Abby's labor story, click here. She was born a month early and came VERY quickly! Such a fitting entrance to this world....our spunky little girl hasn't slowed down since :)


Some days I really wish I had a time machine.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Abby
ReplyDeleteWe love you and can't wait to see you on Thanksgiving
cutie cutes. love mommy/daughter time :). happy 5th abby!
ReplyDelete