Monday, September 22, 2014

Daddy Camp

I went away this past weekend on a girls' trip with my sisters & mom (more on that later)! And Greg really stepped up to the plate & entertained the kids for 3 days!!
 
I left early Friday morning, and the kids were off school for a teacher in-service day. Greg had the bright idea to take the kids out to Lake Lurleen State Park for some playground, picnic and hiking fun!
 
But first, they had to stop by Krispy Kreme because it was "National Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day!" If you talked like a pirate, you got a free glazed donut! :) Here is Abby's mean/pirate face.
 Then it was off to the park! First up, picnic lunch and playground fun. There was an "old-fashioned" see-saw and merry-go-round and Greg said the kids loved it (and had never seen them before, sad)!
Hopefully they ate more than just Cheetos :)
 Then they hiked around the lake, about 1 mile. Greg said both kids did pretty well but towards the end, Miss Hollywood was complaining that her legs hurt.
 
Nothing a little Sunkist can't fix! :)
 Then, they happened upon some peddle boats - another first for the kids! I think Greg really got a good workout b/c he was the only one peddling!!
 The kids had a ball and Abby fell asleep in the car on the way home. She NEVER sleeps in the car, so she really must have been exhausted!!
 
That night, they went to a neighbor's house for a new tradition that started earlier this month - Friday Night Driveway Happy Hours! (So fun!) There was even a viewing of "Frozen" for the little ones.
Saturday was filled with lots of yard work (for Greg), grocery shopping, and playing with the neighbors. We are finally getting some beautiful weather, so it's nice that the kids can play outside for longer than 30 minutes without complaining of being too hot :)
 
Sunday, Greg shocked me and managed to get the kids dressed & their hair fixed for church without any problems. Way to go, Daddy! The kids were good in mass, so they went to KK for their usual donut afterwards.

More playing with neighbors in the afternoon and then I got home around 3:30 pm. I had a great time on my girls' trip, but missed my little family :)
 
Thank you, Greg, for being a great Daddy and not blinking an eye when I asked if it was alright if I went on this trip. You're the best!
 
And since you did SO well, maybe I could take another trip next month.....?! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yes you can take another trip. I will survive I think. I want to get some more fruit dresses for Abby, btw. Always perfect for a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby looks so cute as a mean pirate!

    ReplyDelete