This week has gotten away from me....I realized I needed to blog about last Saturday because it's almost time for another football game!!
Greg & I took the kids - and our neighbor, Jack - to the quad last weekend for some Game Day fun! The UA vs. Southern Miss game was slated to start at 5 pm, so we got to the quad around 2:30. As expected, it was packed with crimson shirts and lots of partying :)
We bought each kid 5 tickets (for 5 rides), and let them loose on the inflatables. It was perfect weather - under 90 degrees for the first time in FOREVER - and we had so much fun!
I wanted both Jack & Nate to try the joust, but Nate politely declined :) However, Jack did it and had a ball. He said the jousting sticks were really heavy!
Abby didn't want to use her last ticket, so she gave it to Jack and we convinced him to ride the (new!) mechanical bull!!! It was absolutely hilarious. It went suuuuuper slow and Jack got 3 rides. I think his longest stretch on it was 12 seconds :) He was a good sport though!
All the jumping/running/playing made the kids hot so we cooled off with some Steel City Pops! Not sure if these are a new addition to the quad this year, but we have never noticed them there. So they were new to us and oh so delicious!
We stopped to listen the Million Dollar Band on our way back to the car. Abby loved them!
| Water break :) |
I love this time of year in T-Town and look forward to many more fun game days!
I love your "A" shirt and Abby's "A" dress. Your game days are spectacular!
ReplyDeleteEm you look SO CUTE! Love the haircut and your jean capris!
ReplyDeleteOH Im jealous, Steel City Pops are so good. When I visit Leah I get dry Ice and take them home. EVEN THOUGH there's a similar store in nashville, Las Paletas! MISS YOU!