The kids finished their 2 week crash course of swim lessons last Thursday. (Well, technically, they still have 1 more lesson b/c we missed Friday's lesson due to our Memphis trip. We will probably make that up later in the summer.) They both did great during their lessons, but had very different experiences, ha!
Abby
-Was more interested in mugging for the camera than swimming :) Click here to watch the first video clip of Thursday afternoon; she kept looking at me & smiling. Hilarious!
-Slightly improved on her backstroke; the first day it closely resembled a seizure in the water :) Click here to watch a clip from the last day.
-Got more confident in the water, with her kicking and outstretching her arms. Click here to watch Abby swim a little bit.
-Like I mentioned in my previous post, she was VERY into the social aspect of these lessons. She was so happy just to play and kick with her 2 new friends!
Nate
-Was a little turtle sometimes. Slow & steady wins the race! Click here to watch him. His kicking is pretty much non-existent on this one, I think that's why he's going so slow :)
-Learned how to do backstroke. (I am kicking myself for not having a video of this!) This momma is extra proud b/c back in the day, that was "my stroke" :)
-Loved using the "flippers" on a few lessons. This was a brilliant idea, b/c it let Nate concentrate on his arm position & breathing, and the kicking was effortless. So fun to watch him zoom through the water like Michael Phelps, ha!
-Took everything Coach Vance said to heart. He worked so hard to follow every little rule and have his arms, legs, head in the exact right position. Here's the best clip I got of him. Sums up best what he learned: kicking, correct body position, outstretched arms, and breathing to the side. My boy!!
-Fell in love with Coach Vance. I found out he actually lives about 2 minutes from us, so I have a feeling that Nate will be nagging me to visit him :) Also, I love the freedom Coach Vance gave the two boys in his class. He would do a lap/instruct them, while the other was free to take a break or swim a lap on their own. Nate also opted to swim. My worker bee never rested.
I promised the kids they could each pick out a treat at Edgar's Bakery after our last lesson. Since we get out of swim close to 5 pm, I said it had to be a tiny one :) They both picked petit fours - Nate got vanilla & chocolate, and Abby had strawberry.
| So proud of my fishies! |
Can't wait to practice with the fishies at N&P camp!
ReplyDelete