Thursday, September 26, 2013

Star Student #1

It has been a busy week at the Givens' household! BOTH of our kids were named the "Star Students" for the week. And while that is extra fun for them, and has meant extra work for mom & dad :) 

First up, Abby.

Look how proud she was of her Star Student board in the hallway outside her classroom!!

Her teacher collected some of her work from the past 2 weeks and Abby was oh so happy to have it displayed. I have had many parents stop on the way in/out of the building this week and say how good her work & coloring is! My little smarty pants! She worked super hard on that poster at home for two days, and insisted on doing (most) of it herself. I think she liked having "homework" for once, so she could be like her big bro.  But my favorite part is the doll decorated at the top of the board to look like Abby....complete with a bow & necklace. My girl loves her accessories!

As Star Student, you also get to hold the flag during the Pledge of Allegiance. (Apparently this is really exciting if you are 3.5 years old!) And you get a special sticker and a toy from the treasure box.

I went in to eat lunch with Abby this week and felt like such a celebrity! Up to this point, no other parents have come in to eat lunch yet, so all the students were excited to see "Abby's Mom" and proceeded to talk my ears off for 45 minutes. It was adorable. And of course Abby kept hugging & kissing me and trying to sit in my lap. I think she was proud that I was there and wanted everyone to know that I was HER Mommy :)

We are so proud of Abby and how much she is learning at preschool this year. Her teacher always remarks how sweet & well-mannered she is. And this week, I was told that Abby is "quite the worker bee." Oh, how I love to hear that! And what's more, Abby just absolutely love love loves going to school, so I feel as though we've found the perfect fit. Such a blessing!

5 comments:

  1. yay abby! love the board, and i agree on great coloring and letter/number writing! woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my girl! Tell her We're proud of her too! This is just the beginning of many years of being a "STAR"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my girl! Tell her We're proud of her too! This is just the beginning of many years of being a "STAR"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with that coloring, too! Great job, Abby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Abby!!! We are so proud of you

    ReplyDelete