Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Break

Nate was on Spring Break this past week and I tried to keep us busy so he wouldn’t get bored! As a result, we had lots of fun...

MONDAY
We played at the playground and then went on an “adventure hike,” complete with walking sticks. We went down slides, played on the swings, picked flowers (and weeds!), had races, and jumped in puddles.



Abby found Nate a stick that was shaped like a gun!

TUESDAY
It was a rainy morning, so we were lazy & stayed in our pjs till lunch. (Actually, I let Nate stay in his through his nap and he thought that was the coolest!) I pulled out some games they had gotten for Christmas (and had been hidden b/c they got WAY too much stuff) and they took turns delighting in the “new toys.”

In fact, that afternoon Miss Priss decided to put new pjs over her clothes. Guess she is a fan of staying in her pjs!!

WEDNESDAY
We went bowling for the first time with some friends!!! I love love love bowling and was happy to share that experience with the kids. They played like pros (thanks to the the bumpers and the ball ramp) and had a blast. They didn’t have shoes small enough to fit Abby’s feet, and I was afraid the 6 lb ball would be too much for her to handle. But the first time I turned my back, she was lifting it up HERSELF and carrying it to the ball ramp to bowl. She nearly gave me a heart attack! Thankfully, none of the kiddos we went with dropped a ball on their toesies!


When did my "baby" get so tall & skinny!? :(



After bowling, we picked up Chic-fil-a for lunch and headed to another nearby park to eat lunch & play on the playground with our friends.

THURSDAY
We had an (early) St. Patrick’s Day playdate at a friend’s house. She is Irish, and takes the holiday very seriously!!!! We had green lemonade, cupcakes, cookies, kiwi, cucumbers, pickles, lucky charms, green-sprinkled graham crackers, honeydew, and grapes. The kids had a ball icing the cupcakes (then promptly eating them) and it was such a nice day we played outside as well. We are loving this 80 degree weather!


Abby peeking in on Nate as he goes to the bathroom. Poor guy can't ever get any privacy!


In the afternoon, we put up the bouncy house in the backyard to play in. And we had some special visitors arrive too – Mum Mum & Granddaddy! They came into town for a few days so I could surprise Greg with a weekend trip to New Orleans for his upcoming birthday.

FRIDAY

Before Greg & I left for NOLA, we all took the kids to gymnastics in the morning. Nate never gets to go since he’s usually in school, and was SO EXCITED to show me his “trick”...which involved jumping & running on the long trampoline, and then dismounting with a “flip” (or rather, a forward roll). His buddy Anthony was there too and they played Super Hero Battle most of the time on the beams, floor, climbing wall, etc. Abby was her usual busy self, and made sure her audience was watching her every move! She definitely likes all eyes to be on her.


Abby taking a much-needed break


Nate told me his spring break was “so fun,” and I agree. I am, however, exhausted! :)

1 comment:

  1. I argee, when did Abby get so tall and lean?!
    Glad you had fun over spring break...ours is this week!

    ReplyDelete