Sunday, October 30, 2011

Old Friends are the Best Friends

We had some visitors from TN this weekend, Hallie & Grant! Though I've only known Hallie for 3 years, it seems as though she's been my "forever" friend...we just GET each other. I was so happy to see her and her adorable son when they arrived on Friday afternoon!!

We woke Nate up from his nap and BOY was he surprised to see Miss Hallie & Grant! (I kept it a surprise, b/c if I had told them they were coming, he would have asked me every 2.5 seconds when they were arriving.) Abby took a few minutes to warm up, but after that, couldn't stop smiling at Miss Hallie. She loved getting chased around the house by Hallie and hugged by Grant. She even got early bday presents! A cute cute cute TURTLENECK dress (not pictured) and a new baby doll!

We attempted to make "spider cookies" out of oreos...

Abby preferred to just lick icing instead of participate

Not sure how these two squeezed themselves into LAST YEAR's Halloween costumes!! Long live Woody & Buzz!

One of the highlights of the afternoon was jumping on G's bed (aka the air mattress) and making funny faces into the video monitor. Hours of entertainment.


After dinner, we introduced Grant to our family ritual of "naked dance parties"....he caught on quickly and had a ball!

Baby Girl can W.O.R.K. I.T!!!

Triple bubble bath!

The last time the boys had a sleepover (in Sept, in Murfreesboro), bedtime was a bit of a disaster. This one, I'm happy to report, went much more smoothly. Hallie & I watched the boys on the video monitor and they were sooo good! Nate settled down pretty fast (and buried himself under his covers), while G was a bit wiggly but was as quiet as a mouse. I think the key was having them in seperate beds (last time they shared an air mattress). My boy likes having his own space!

Saturday morning, we headed to a park to play even though it was a bit chilly! Here is Miss Hallie with Abby - I swear Abby likes her, despite what it looks like here. I think Abby was just ready to play!!





H&G, we had so much fun!! Come back soon!!

3 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures...looks like you had a great time! I LOVE the dress H got for AR. I think that H should just move to Bama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the 1st paragraph made me cry :( It was a bittersweet trip!

    We had the BEST TIME! Grant keeps saying "Can I go back again sometime"!

    Loved loving on your babies and most of all having girl time! Thanks for everything!

    And Becky... If F's job ever asked him to, I would ONLY because of Em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Makes me happy that you all got together!:)
    Love the naked dance party too!

    ReplyDelete