It was the PERFECT weather....sunny but not too hot. Both kids loved riding on the boat, with the wind blowing their hair, taking turns up at the front of the boat sitting with Daddy.
We toured the lake for awhile, just cruising and looking at all the "rich" houses, and then found a quiet place to anchor and swim. I didn't get in, but Greg took turns with the kids in the water. Nate didn't stay in long - he said it was too cold - but Abby loved it! Her life jacket was bigger than her, but she liked hanging out with the 3 professors and talking econ! :)
After I warmed Nate up a bit, he decided to give it another try and got back in the water. This time, he just wanted to sit on the intertube with Tim, the older boy. They just used it as a raft and pulled each other around.
Before heading back to the house, both Dads wanted to tube. (I think the kids were too cold at that point b/c the sun was going down.) Greg went first and had a ball..Needless to say, I think he's sore today but won't admit it! Here is the only picture I managed to take. Sorry it's a blurry one but Miss Priss was getting a little wild at this point trying to jump out of the boat!
Back at the house, our gracious hostess fixed a feast for dinner, and we got to enjoy the beautiful sunset while eating outside. The kids ran themselves silly, chased the dog, and played tag. All in all, it was a great day and we hope to go back soon!
Oh what fun!!!!!! So glad they liked the boat and water! I grew up on the lake and LOVED IT, great memories!
ReplyDeletethat is awesome! there is nothing better than friends with boats ;-)
ReplyDeleteI agree --- so happy you have friends there already and able to go outdoor with the kids. Greg seems so happy there!! Your family is adorable. Do you put product in Nate's hair?
ReplyDelete