Sunday, December 16, 2018

Christmas Activities, Part 1

December is a busy, busy month for us!!

Since we travelled for Thanksgiving, we were not able to go cut down our tree at our favorite tree farm this year (they go pretty fast). Instead, the tree farm tagged one for us and delivered it on December 1st! I will admit, I miss having the kids run around the tree farm, but it was oh so nice to have it delivered to our door!!
Kids' tree in the playroom / Big tree in the living room

Decorating their gingerbread house

New decorations this year - I started a "bottle brush" (named because of their soft bristles) collection and we made them into a colorful forest for our gingerbread house!

Cookies with Father Christmas

Lots of fun shopping at the school's Christmas Shoppe

Annual neighborhood cookie decorating party

Our annual neighborhood Christmas party (with the horse drawn carriage & luminaries) got rained out. We were so bummed! To cheer the kids up, we had s'mores and our first fire of the season :)

I introduced the kids to the classic "Home Alone." (Can't believe it took me so long!) They loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment