Abby woke up Halloween morning not feeling well (though she tried to lie about it / pretend she was fine for the first hour). She was having stomach pains and thought she might throw up, so I kept her home from school.
However, I'm her Room Mom, and therefore I was in charge of her class party....
I spoke to her teacher and got a facemask from the school nurse (seriously), and since she was feeling pretty decent during the day, she came to the party with me. Poor thing had to sit in the corner most of the time and I told her not to touch anything. She was not happy with me.
The class loved the two games I had planned, and at least Abby got to watch her friends be silly and not miss out on too much.
By the end of the party, I let her move to her desk and have a few Cheetos. It was cute to see how much her friends love & miss her when she's not there!
The whole (crazy) gang....Mrs. Mac's 3rd grade class
I hopped over to Nate's party very briefly, because they were doing an "Escape Room" themed party. One of the dads planned it and he is so creative! (Apparently a little *too* creative because the kids had a hard time figuring out all the clues! They spent an hour doing the clues and only had 5 minutes to eat at the end of the party. Ha!) Nate said it was the best party ever though. Right up his alley!

No comments:
Post a Comment