We had a Fortnite-themed Halloween this year!
Both kids were a character (or "skin") from their favorite video game.....Abby was the Brite Bomber and Nate was the Skull Trooper.
We also had Nate's buddy Mason (aka "Drift" from Fortnite) and our neighbor Evers (aka "Marshmello," a popular DJ) trick-or-treat with us. Love these kiddos!
We always start trick-or-treating around 5:30 or so, and do the loop around our neighborhood with our next-door neighbors, the Richardsons. They had a few friends over this year as well, so we had quite the group trick-or-treating together!!
Abby and her buddy Kate (aka "When Pigs Fly"). These two girls chose to stay at the back of the pack - while Nate & the boys were in the front RUNNING 4-5 houses ahead of us - and just wanted to stroll and chat! #teenagers
I finally caught up to the boys about halfway around our neighborhood. Clearly, they are too cool to walk around with me. And when I asked them to take a picture, this is what I got:
I didn't take any other pictures trick-or-treating, because I was just enjoying walking around with my "mommy juice" and talking to all the neighbors. We really lucked out with a mild, non-rainy night. Such a relief since they were predicting a ton of storms !
When we finished the neighborhood loop, we set up camp on the front porch/in the yard to hand out candy. The boys immediately started sorting and trading candy :)
When Greg got home from teaching class around 7 pm, we had chili for dinner and decided to eat outside since it was so nice! Then the boys went to the next neighborhood over for some trick-or-treating on their own. So grown!
Abby (& Kate) stayed behind with Greg & I to hand out candy until about 8:30 pm. She *loves* handing out candy, especially to all the toddler-aged kids. The highlight of the night was Nate's Fortnite pumpkin.....we had SO many trick-or-treaters comment on it. We told them if they did a dance from Fortnite (there are like 100+ to choose from), they could have extra candy. So, we pretty much had a non-stop dance party in our front yard. So fun!
Another great Halloween in the books....
No comments:
Post a Comment