Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Adventures in Softball

Abby has decided to try her hand at softball for the first time this spring! I'm so proud of her for branching out and trying a new sport. (I literally taught her how to throw a ball the day before her first practice, in February).
First practice was not a disaster, thankfully!

Abby is playing in the U10 league, so she is one of the youngest players. The girls on her team are mostly from Holy Spirit, with a few from other nearby school. Their grades range from 2nd-5th grade!!! It is also player-pitch this year, instead of coach-pitch like in the past. They practiced 2x/week starting in February, and their first game was on April 14th.

Go Unicorns! 


I'm not a fan of pink, but I am loving these uniforms!!

Waiting in the dugout to bat

Most of the 4th/5th graders play in the infield, so Abby and her fellow 2nd graders are usually in the outfield.

First time at bat. She was VERY nervous about striking out. But, she was very smart and hardly swung at any of the bad pitches. She walked to first base!!

My little baserunner :)

She looked over to make sure I was watching her
#duh

Kate and Abby, after the game. They lost 7-9 but it was a good first game!

The 2nd grade crew: Cate, Mia, and Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment