Saturday, March 17, 2018

Road Trip Surprise!

Back on February 18th, Nate and I took a road trip with 3 of his buddies!! We were headed to GA to surprise Chandler at his birthday party :)
(Chan knew Nate & I were coming, but had no clue about the other boys.)
Devices and stuffed animals kept them busy for the 3.5 hour trip!
 The boys talked half the trip about how they were going to surprise Chandler. Finally, they decided they wanted to jump out of the trunk! Nate and I went into the party to say hi, and then asked Chan if he'd help us bring his presents in because they were big :) When I opened the trunk, the boys popped out and Chan was shocked! It's one of the few times I've actually seen him speechless; it was great!!



Lime green is the new fave color; can you tell?!
Mason, Nate, Chan, Anthony, Walker, and Caroline
 Chan had his birthday party at this really cool laser tag place! It also had a rock wall and arcade games. The boys got to play games for about an hour before it was our turn to play laser tag.
I had fun with this little cutie!

Fun times!
My little sidekick!

#twinsies
 The group got to play 3 games of laser tag, all lasting 20 minutes each! This was the largest laser tag arena I'd ever seen. It was over 5000 square feet! There was also a viewing area up top - because it was 2 stories tall! - for adults to watch.

In between laser tag games, they had *lots* to eat! 
Pizza, cheeseballs, fruit, candy, and cake.




 The party was from 2-5 pm, and then we had to drive an hour back to Chandler's house where we were spending the night! These boys got super silly - sugar coma - and had a ball hanging out with Chan.
Mason loved Caroline's Minnie car ! 
 All the boys slept on air mattresses in the playroom and woke up to play - what else?! - their devices early in the morning.
Not pictured: Walker. 
He woke up not feeling well and ended up throwing up a few times! Poor little guy. I was hesitant to drive 2.5 hours home with him, but luckily he slept the whole way and I got him safely back to his mom :)

It was such a fun trip and I loved seeing Chan so happy to see his school friends that he misses so much! But I can honestly say I will not be taking another road trip with four 10 year olds anytime soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment