Monday, January 16, 2017

At last.....SNOW!

We left my parents' house in NC extra early on the 6th, to avoid the onslaught of bad weather. Within 30 minutes of getting back to T-Town, the sleet started!!! The kids ran outside to join their friends, and I swear I've never seen them so happy to play in the rain!!

 About 2 hours later, the sleet finally turned to SNOW!! Most of the neighborhood kids congregated in our yard, and they had oh so much fun :)

Abby, Kate & Caroline made a beeline for the trampoline...

...while Jack & Nate declared "war" on the girls and began to make snowballs


The girls started piling snow in the wheelbarrow (smart!) to make their stash of snowballs

These days, Nate & Evers are playing football non-stop!

Abby the snow angel

I was out there, briefly! :)

Jake joined the football gang

Lily, Abby, and Kate attempting to build a snowman

It was a good night! I had to call Nate inside at 8 pm because he still had not eaten dinner.
 Since the next morning was the beginning of the weekend, the kids were thrilled to see a *little* bit of snow remaining. They played outside on & off for most of the day, especially in the backyard since it was pretty untouched from the night before.


Who knew that ONE INCH of snow could produce such fun!?
Life in Alabama.....

No comments:

Post a Comment