Sunday, August 21, 2016

Nate's 9th Birthday! [Part 1]

Nate is officially 9!
(His last year in single digits....cue the tears!)

We had a full day yesterday, which explains why I am a day late posting this....oops! I will recap our activities in a later post. For now, I wanted to stroll down memory lane and take a look at the beautiful baby boy that made me a mom 9 years ago.....

August 20, 2007

1 week old

 6 months old

1 year old & already playing with gadgets! :)

2 years old

3 years old

4 years old - we had just moved to Alabama.

5 years old

6 years old

7 years old

8 years old

9 years old

Though he's changed a lot over the years, one thing has remained constant - that beautiful smile of his! I'm proud to call him my son for so many reasons. He is kind, he is curious & intelligent, he is a good friend, he is an amazing big brother, and he is obsessed with his iPad. I think that about sums him up! (Especially the last one....he got an iPad mini for an *early* birthday present in July, and has barely come up for air since! He not only loves playing video games like Minecraft, but he acts as strategist and Tech Support for his friends over FaceTime too. Seriously, this kid is amazing and I just love his little brain!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every year I ask the kids the same questions on their birthdays,
and here are Nate's answers from this year:

How old are you? 9
What makes you happy? Playing with friends
What is your favorite animal? Dog
What is your favorite thing to eat? Pizza
What is your least favorite thing to eat? Lettuce
What is your favorite thing to do? Play my iPad
What is your favorite TV show? The Gaming Show (on YouTube)
What are you really good at? Math
What is your favorite movie? "Pete's Dragon"
What is your favorite color? Red
What is your favorite song? “Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake
Who is your best friend? Evers
What do you and your Mom do together? Snoogle
What do you and your Dad do together? Wrestle
  What is your favorite sport? Running
Where is your favorite place to go? Best Buy
What is your favorite book? The fifth Harry Potter book
What do you want to be when you grow up? An engineer



*Stay tuned for Part 2 of Nate's birthday celebrations!*

1 comment:

  1. Uh, mom ... it's Pete's Dragon, not Pete the Dragon. The dragon's name is not Pete. This is from Nate by the way. Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete