Both 2nd grade classes took a field trip to the American Village in Montevallo, AL last Friday. I was unable to go :( but luckily a few of my friends were chaperones and sent me pictures/videos.
It was about an hour drive to get there, and Nate got paired with his buddy Andrew for the ride. He said they watched part of a movie and talked about Minecraft :)
| Sweet boys |
| Learning all about the Revolutionary War |
Click here to watch a short clip of Nate & some classmates re-enacting part of the Boston Tea Party.
When I asked Nate how the field trip went, he said it was "fun & scary." Apparently, some of the re-enactments were a little too real for him, mostly the Red Coats & their loud guns :)
But he loved playing a few "old-fashioned" games out on the lawn. Here was one:
What a great group of kids (& teachers)!
The field trip wouldn't be complete without the token "make a silly face" picture:
So sad I missed this field trip with Nate, but glad he had a great time & learned a lot. He came home with lots of new facts (some that I didn't even know)! I look forward to going on this field trip with Abby in two years....

No comments:
Post a Comment