Friday, March 11, 2016

Father-Daughter Dance

Abby & Greg attended a Father-Daughter dance at the kids' school last Saturday. Abby has been anxiously awaiting this date for 2 years! 
It is for ages K-6.

She had a very clear vision of what she wanted for this dance.... a "pink twirly" dress, her hair in curls, to wear make-up, and for Daddy to wear a suit. (Yes, she's a bit high maintenance!)  I tried curling her hair on multiple occasions, and it did not look good. I don't know why using a curling iron on my 6 year old daughter's hair is so difficult for me, but it is! My poor daughter.

So, I asked my hairdresser to help me out.....she curled Abby's hair & taught me in the process. I told Abby getting her hair curled was a one-time thing (until Prom maybe), but I'm not sure she heard me......she was in heaven :)
 
She didn't want Daddy to see her dress until the big day, and she made quite the entrance :) 

Very impressed with his beautiful daughter!!
 Abby had NO idea Daddy was going to give her a corsage! Her reaction was priceless. I'm confident I will never forget it for the rest of my life, actually. This girl just wants to be a princess, I'm telling you!

 We headed outside for a few quick pictures, and I'll be honest, I had a hard time deciding which ones to put on here. So, I put most of them! :) Sorry for the picture overload but they are just too cute together!!
"Abby, why are you holding your arm like that?! To show off my beautiful flower!"

(Normal arm)


Six going on sixteen.....

My favorite picture for so many reasons! The way she is gripping her Daddy's neck, those two smiles, and of course, the pink nail polish :)



I die.
 Greg is not known for his photography skills (!), but in his defense, I don't think Abby stopped moving all night. He told me she danced with her friends a lot, and then danced with him maybe every 2-3 songs. So cute!

Daddy's girl
 The first thing Abby told me when she got home was "I got over my stage fright, Mommy!" (Translation: She did the whip nae-nae in front of 100 people. Awesome.) She clearly had the time of her life and I'm so glad she has such an amazing Daddy that treated here like a princess, and danced like a crazy person too :)

Once Nate heard that they were going to have a father-daughter date, he suggested we go out on a dinner date! He picked Texas Steakhouse (ha!) and insisted on wearing his new blazer :) We talked about girls, being a gentleman, how to calculate a tip, and his upcoming First Communion. Hard to believe my baby boy is so grown up!

I look forward to this new tradition for Mommy & son; I didn't realize how rare it is for the two of us to spend one-on-one time together!

And next time......he's paying :)

2 comments:

  1. Surely my favorite post of the year so far :) I had so much fun at the dance with Abby. Can't wait until next year! Maybe Nate will take you out to some place nicer than Texas Roadhouse next year.

    ReplyDelete