Last Friday, the kids had the day off school for Good Friday. I left Abby at a friend's house, and then met a group of Nate's classmates at SplatZone, a paintball place in town. This is something I've wanted Nate to try for awhile, but it's always just so darn hot here!! The weather was cooler, and I thought since it wasn't a weekend, it wouldn't be crowded.
 |
| Great group! |
 |
| Nate, Jake, Walker, Beau, Anthony, Chandler, Mason, Ethan, Tanner, Reagan |
 |
| This picture cracks me up! Nate, the tough guy :) |
 |
| Listening to the rules |
 |
| This was a huge course, but they only used a small portion of it. See the group in the far right? They are getting a few last minute instructions. |
 |
| Nate's team, strategizing before the game starts |
 |
| Ready, set, go! |
 |
| Nate is on the right, in all black with the blue hat. He kinda sorta looks like he knows what he's doing! :) |
 |
| When they got hit, they were told to hold their gun up, yell "I surrender!" and run off the field. |
 |
| Ready for round #2 |
 |
| I heart him :) |
 |
| Action shot! |
 |
| He got hit in the forehead - through his facemask - and was so worried about the paint on his glasses! |
 |
| Comparing stories & battle wounds |
 |
| Gatorade break |
 |
Anthony & Mason got the worst welts!! :(
|
All in all, I think the boys played 10-12 games. They all had a ball and there were just a few tears. (Apparently those paintballs hurt!!!) I was really proud of Nate for being tough and hanging in there. (And no, he was NOT the one that cried. Shocker, I know!) It's still crazy to me that he's even old enough to play paintball! The instructor said when they get older/bigger, they are allowed to use a bigger course and even play in the woods some. So fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment