I have a new nephew!!
Gibson Staton was born on Friday, May 29th in Huntersville, NC. I missed the birth - it was a 7.5 hour drive to get there! - but I was able to hold him when he was just a few hours old. Such a blessing!!
The proud Daddy, my brother-in-law Mike
Friday afternoon, my parents & I took Anderson to the hospital to meet his little brother for the first time. It was so special to witness this! I remember when Nate first met Abby; it's a moment I'll never forget actually.
Have you ever seen a prouder big brother!?
The Statons, the cutest new family of four!
I mean seriously, how gorgeous does my sister look!? She just gave birth!!!!
Those cheeks!
Proud Aunt :)
Saturday morning, we visited Bec, Mike, and Gibson in the hospital once again. This time, Poppy finally got to hold his new grandson. Nice photobomb, Anderson!
A friend of Bec's brought a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts as her "push present!" So funny. As soon as Anderson saw them, he screamed "SUGAR!!!" This child is clearly deprived.
We took Anderson to the neighborhood pool to burn off some energy & have lunch. Well, I'll be honest....I laid in a lounge chair the whole time while Nanny & Poppy swam with him and answered his 10 million questions :)
I promised Anderson if he took a good nap that afternoon, we'd make brownies when he got up. His first time! He was so excited. He took a suuuuper long nap, and had the *best bedhead ever* when we woke up. We went straight to work....
We dubbed him the "Mad Professor" because of that crazy hair. Seriously, this is the best picture ever. Bec nearly peed herself when she saw it!
And that sweet boy tried to sit there for the whole 28 minutes while the brownies were baking. He was just a wee bit excited!
We loaded up Nanny's yummy lasagna, salad, wine//beer, and yes - the brownies - and headed to the hospital to have a picnic dinner with Bec, Mike, & Gibson.
Selfie with my favorite (almost) 3 year old nephew :)
Sunday, after a long-awaited visit from the urologist to perform Gibson's circumcision, the Statons were finally ready to come home!!! Check out G in his carseat....he is too cool for school :)
Statons, party of 4!
This bassinet was used for me & both of my sisters, as well as Nate & Abby & Anderson when they were newborns. Now it's Gibson's turn!
Those tiny feet! I could die. Baby feet are my most favorite.
Nanny always insists on having a "birthday party" when a new baby comes home. So Gibson's party consisted of a home-cooked dinner and what else - cake & party hats!
We forgot about G for part of the party....he was just so content in his boppy! :)
Monday morning before I left, I was able to put Gibson on the playmat for the first time, and get some exercise in! (Back story: when Anderson was born, I drilled the eat-play-sleep routine into Bec's head, in order to get the baby on a schedule. I was dubbed the "physical therapist" and was in charge of all the "playtime" Anderson's first few days at home.)
I loved playing with G and moving those little chicken legs around! I think he lasted about 5 minutes before he fell asleep though. Typical!
Hard to believe this handsome little guy is 2 weeks old today.
Sweet Gibson, Aunt Em misses you & your kissable cheeks!





















I can't wait to see that little munchkin at the beach in July! And thank you to Anderson for all your prayers. Luv ya dude:)
ReplyDeleteThank you for documenting all of this since we know I'm a terrible blogger. More importantly, thanks for dropping EVERYTHING and being by my side yet again! Not only did you organize my life and house again, but you took care of me, Anderson and mom :)!!!! Please move closer, stat!! Love you and miss you
ReplyDeleteWhat a great couple of days sharing such a momentous occasion with you. I'm glad you were able to come to be there for Becky and her family. that means so much to me and to her. I hope you always will be for the rest of your lives!
ReplyDelete