The kids completed their 2 week swimming lesson boot camp last week :)
They made such great progress, in just 8 lessons!!
| First day excitement |
I wasn't there on Friday, May 29th for their last lesson - I was in Charlotte because my sister had her baby! So Greg was my eyes & ears and took a few videos for me. I'm so proud of Nate for being able to swim a full pool length now. (And breathing properly while doing so!)
Click here to watch him swim a lap.
And then there's Abby.....
Her first swim lessons were last summer, and I'll be honest, she didn't learn much. She viewed it as playtime and just constantly dunked herself & was blowing bubbles when it wasn't her turn with the coach. Well, this year, I paid to have semi-private lessons, so she could really get a lot of attention from the coach and be able to focus better.
| Yet when we showed up at swim lessons, we found that one of our neighbors Griffin, was in the class too. So....there was still a bit of playing :) |
She did a great job though and almost has the stroke technique down. (Breathing correctly is another issue. That will have to wait till next summer I guess.) I'm really proud of her though; she can jump in and swim a half-length of the pool.
Click here to watch a video of Abby swimming.
I had promised the kids that once they completed swim lessons - and did a good job - we would go to Edgar's Bakery for a treat. Greg took them there last Friday and they each picked out these XL cookies!
Can't wait to see the little fishies this summer! Diving board and slide here we come!
ReplyDelete