As a kid, I always looked forward to my “half” birthday. And
apparently, this is a trait that I passed onto my children…..so they love
having mini-birthday parties for their half birthday. Today, Nate turned 7 ½ and I surprised him after school with
a trip to Gigi’s Cupcakes! He picked out his own mini-cupcake and then he wore
the ½ hat & we sang ½ of “Happy Birthday” at home!
Nate is at SUCH a great age right now. He is super curious about e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g, still wants to love on his momma, and has the cutest toothless grin on the block! Here is what he's up to these days.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most of the boys in Nate’s class want to read comic books or
books about superheroes. But not my boy! I love that he checks out “different”
books at the school Library. Every week it’s something about drawing/tracing, some
type of encyclopedia, or a book about fancy lettering or origami. I never know
what he’ll come home with!
I love that every night at 8 pm, you can find him like this…snuggled
under the covers, reading Harry Potter. Currently he is on the 3rd
book, and last night he stayed up till 9:30 pm reading! (Truth be told – that’s
too late for my liking, but how can you fault the kid?! He’s a total bookworm.)
He’s still really really really into taekwondo. He’s been
doing it for 8 months now and there’s no end in sight. I’ve seen such a change in him and am proud of
how much he’s excelled. I admire his determination, passion, and dedication to
the sport. (Even if that means hearing him say 100x/day, “Mommy watch this
kick! Mommy, watch my blue belt form! Mommy, watch this one more time!!”
He loves being outside….He climbs our trees & fences, ride
his electric scooter, play on the swing set with our neighbor. And when our
neighbor’s not available, he & Abby invent games together: The Elements,
Odd Squad, School…..
He is a world-class speller like his Mom! :) Every week, he has a Spelling
pre-test on Monday, and for 3 weeks now, he’s been the only student to make it
onto List 3! (That means he got all the words right on the 1st two
lists, and the lists get harder as you go up…)
He is still a master Lego builder. Recently, he demonstrated his stellar engineer skills and helped Daddy put together a deckbox. (Or rather, Nate read the directions and instructed Greg how to do it. I am not kidding!!)


That's the best lookin' toothless boy I've ever seen.
ReplyDeleteI hope he stays as sweet and sensitive and kind-hearted as he is right now! He is such a beautiful boy both inside and out! Love him to pieces but I just wish that we could slow down the growing up process.
ReplyDelete