Sunday, July 6, 2014

Celebrating Anderson

My favorite nephew, Anderson, turned TWO yesterday!!!
 
Seems like just yesterday I got a call from Bec saying she was 5 cm and going to the hospital. Anderson made his arrival 11 days early, and we tried our darndest to make it to Knoxville on time. But we missed the delivery. By five frickin' minutes :(

Regardless of that, I can still picture Anderson's arrival as clear as day. I will never forget the day my little sister became a mom!!






 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Fast forward two years.....
 
Greg & I drove to Charlotte, NC last weekend for Anderson's 2nd birthday party (and to pick up our kids from Camp Nanny & Poppy)! Bec & Mike were gracious enough to open up their house to all of us - my parents, and Lora & John as well.
 
Anderson is obsessed with Thomas the Train right now, so he had a "Thomas" themed pool party on Saturday afternoon. To pass the time in the morning, we let him open up his gift from us / Nanny&Poppy  /Lora&John....
 

.....A bouncy house!!!





 The kids had a "ball" all morning and then it made for some good naptime too :) After nap, it was time to head to the pool (& pray that the rain would hold off)!










 The party was a huge success and luckily, it didn't pour till the end of the party (when we were in the clubhouse eating anyway). One of Mike's brothers came back to the house with us, and gave Anderson the best present ever: a Thomas the Train he could actually ride on! It was so cute b/c the train track was pretty much a roller coaster. The kids did not have fun on it at all :)
 We drove back to Alabama on Sunday, after a fun-filled weekend celebrating our favorite little parrot. (I say that b/c Anderson repeats every.single.thing.he.hears! He is super smart & talkative; I think both my kids were pretty much mute at age 2!)
 
Nate enjoyed reading some new books from Aunt Lora on the way home; his first chapter book - Roscoe Riley! And is it just me or does he look like a giant!? :(
 

1 comment:

  1. Awww!! Two is my favorite age for my kids! Looks like Anderson had a great birthday party! I love how your family celebrates!!

    And, yes, Nate looks SO grown up there with those long legs and reading his own book! Looks like a 'tween!

    ReplyDelete