Every year, my parents (bravely volunteer to) take the kids home with them from the beach, for a few days of "Camp Nanny & Poppy!" My kids look forward to this every year, and I love that they get to spend some special one-on-one time with my parents in NC.
(And, I'm not gonna lie.....of course I love that I get to have a kid-free house for 5 days!!)
Nevertheless, it was a little bittersweet to leave these two cuties for almost a week. I knew they wouldn't miss us, but I would miss their hugs & kisses especially!
Sunday
They had an uneventful ride home from the beach, and then took a trip to the grocery store with Nanny. (Which is always an treat....they pick out the weirdest things sometimes! This trip, they tried roast beef for the first time & loved it. Random!) Then, Poppy surprised them with a whole bag of Pokémon stuff! Cards, puzzles, and a stuffed animal; these two were in heaven! And they were super excited to see N&P's dog, O'Malley.
Monday
My parents took the kids to their awesome pool at Tanglewood Park, where they wrestled, jumped, swam, dove, and did belly flops. And no pool trip is complete without a picnic lunch (& oreos!)
Then they spent the afternoon doing LOTS of crafts, coloring, and making magnetic lego creations.
Tuesday
Nanny's favorite day! She loves museums and science and animals ....Once a teacher, always a teacher! :) They went to the Greensboro Science Center, which is a museum, aquarium, and zoo all in one!!
Abby loved all the animals and Nate's favorite part was learning about stalactites & stalagmites in caves. He even bought a real crystal with his own money from the gift shop!
Wednesday
N&P took the kids to see a free kids movie - Despicable Me 2 - in the morning (with popcorn & coke for only $1!) and then Target afterwards. They helped pick out some books for Anderson's birthday, and of course Nate pointed out several hundred Pokémon things he wanted for his birthday.
And since Nate had been receiving soooo many Pokémon cards from Poppy over the week, Abby got to pick out one toy. She chose a light-up unicorn, and named it "Pink Sparkle" :)
| All dressed up for dinner at the Golden Corral (!?) |
Thursday
The kids were treated to lots of games at Chuck-E-Cheese and then lunch at McDonald's and pool time again. Sounds like a pretty perfect day to me!
Friday
Everyone made their way to Charlotte to Becky & Mike's house, for Anderson's birthday party weekend. My parents and the kids arrived around noon, and took all 3 kids to the neighborhood pool that afternoon. Our kids are such little fish!!! I love that each one of them adores going to the pool.
Then, Greg and I arrived around 5 pm and Becky flew in from NYC (from a work trip) around 8 pm. It was a full house but we were ready to celebrate Anderson turning 2!! (More on that later in a separate post.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nanny & Poppy,
I just want to tell you how grateful I am for all that you do for our kids! They love you to pieces and I love that I never have to worry for one minute when they are with you. Thank you for a few days of peace of quiet, and for making such great memories with my kiddos! Love you!
We are very THANKFUL to have such beautiful, sweet grandchildren. I hope that they will continue to want to come for to N &P camp each year. It is a very special time for us too! We love those kids to the moon and back too!
ReplyDelete