Today, Nate turned 6.5 years old!!!
He has been counting down to this day on his calendar for weeks. (I'm not sure why he was so excited about turning 6.5, but he was.)
And....my parents arrived today for a 4 day visit, so I thought it'd be the perfect time to have a half-birthday party!!! I surprised Nate with a half cupcake, half party hat, and we sang half of "Happy Birthday" to him tonight after dinner. He was thrilled :)
Nate continues to amaze me at 6.5 years old....
He is a sweet sweet boy and the best big brother in the world...
He is still obsessed with legos and I love seeing all the new "creations" his brain comes up with everyday...
He loves making any crafts with paper....paper airplanes, origami, fortune tellers....
He has really enjoyed a recent unit at school on money....it has sparked a new hobby and now he is coin-collecting. Which is such a joy for his Poppy, who also shares the same interest. (More on that later....)
He is starting soccer next week, yippee!
He is reading better & better each day. His vocabulary is growing exponentially and he loves doing all the extra classwork & homework from his teacher.
He is a thoughtful, sweet, inquisitive and sensitive boy. And I wouldn't change one thing about him. Especially not that heartbreaking smile :)
Happy 1/2 birthday to my sweet boy!
Awww! He is so cute and sweet and growing so fast! I'm so glad you celebrated his 1/2 birthday!
ReplyDeleteI'm always glad to celebrate half birthdays or yearly birthdays with this sweetest of grandsons. I love you so very, very much!
ReplyDelete