Greg & I woke up early yesterday morning to make a special (pink!) breakfast for our two funny valentines. Next to Christmas Eve, I have never seen the kids so excited to get out of bed in the morning! I told them their "buckets of love" were on the kitchen table, ha! (And Greg got his 2 favorites - Reese's Cups and coffee :)
They don't look excited at all, do they!?
Abby insisted on "reading" all of her new Frozen book to Nate. Mind you this is at 6:30 am!
These don't look that impressive, but I assure you they were good :) Pink chocolate chip pancakes, yum! Greg tag-teamed with me and made bacon.
Best buds :)
All dressed & ready for school! (And more importantly, their Valentine's Day parties!)
I wasn't able to go to Abby's party, but a friend's mom took these two pictures for me. Love my sweet little Miss Priss! The first thing she told me about her party was that "she had cheetos!!!!" :)
![]() |
| Her beautiful bestie, Mia |
Nate's Valentine's party was pretty hectic to say the least. His Teacher's Appreciation Luncheon/Craft Day had gotten cancelled two weeks prior (due to snow), so the principal rescheduled the 2 hour (!) Craft Day to coincide with the Valentine's Day party. Good thing I had lots of volunteers to help me, but still, it was pretty crazy. We let the kids watch a movie in one room, while we pulled them a few at a time into the craft room to make handprint bags - for Mother's Day - and snowglobes out of a mason jar. Both crafts turned out well, but like I said, were just really time-consuming.
Somehow we managed to squeeze in some V-day party & snacks too. Oh how I love the opportunity to be a part of my boy's class! :)
Abby had a make-up gymnastics class after school, and luckily, was the only one there. So she pretty much had a private lesson and loved every minute! I, on the other hand, was about to collapse. I am still recovering from strep throat and have little to no energy. And 2+ hrs with 30 kindergarteners about did me in!
Luckily, I came home to home sweet treats from my sweetie :) I told him not to get me anything, other than letting me order the new label-maker I wanted. (Yes, I'm weird). Well, he listened, but insisted on getting me some yummy chocolate!!! (And thank goodness b/c I made pink brownies for the kids for dessert and they were NOT great. Pinterest fail.)
We topped off the night with a quiet night in, yummy pasta & wine, and snuggles with the kids. It was just what this exhausted mommy needed! :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Pink pancakes! You go girl! (Clearly you didnt do the brownies hahah).
ReplyDelete