As many of you know, THIS happened on Sunday afternoon:
Yes, that is a pile of Abby's beautiful blonde hair. Well, actually it's only about 1/3 of
what she cut off. Yes, my wonderful daughter decided to give herself a
haircut. To say I was in shock was an understatement.
And I still am.
I am grieving over her adorable pigtails and braids and ponytails that will be no more. And you may think I'm being dramatic, but it's taken 3.5 years for her hair to get this long!! It has been such a process & I fight with her hair every morning. So to basically have to start all over again breaks my heart a little. I mean please, look at how pretty her hair was on the last day of school!
Sigh.
I know I have to get over it. It's only hair, and it does grow back. And I guess, technically, it could have been worse. She could have given herself awful bangs, or even cut it all off. I guess.
So here's what poor Jennifer our hairstylist was dealing with this morning when we went in to have Abby's hair "repaired." Yes, that is a gaping hole on the side of her head. She basically gave herself half of a bowl cut.
Clearly, Abby does not have a future in the hairstyling business.
And I didn't even see this, but Jennifer found it this morning. Pieces that were 1 INCH long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh, so frustrating.
So, we decided to take it as short as I could stand it. And it still does not cover up all the damage, but it camouflages it a bit better. I think with Abby's haircut on Sunday & Jennifer's cut this morning, the total was around 6-7" cut off :(
Now while I DO like the new "bob" Abby has, I'm just gonna be honest and say I'm dreading this....because it's going to be a huge pain for me every morning to do her hair. To achieve this look, Jennifer blew Abby's hair dry with a round brush and then straightened it too. (Because her hair has a lot of natural wave (not curl!) to it, and it looks a bit funky when she wakes up etc.) Lord knows I don't have to do all that to a 3 year old's hair every morning!!!!!!!!!! We will see how it goes but I might be investing in some new hair accessories, namely, headbands.
And just in case you were wondering, I have hidden all the scissors in the house and Abby will not be allowed to use them again until she is in high school. Period.
i love it! that's the exact length we just cut addy's hair last weekend (on purpose though). addy also has wavy/not curly hair, but we just let it be funky. can you do morning baths so she doesn't sleep on wet hair? hopefully it will grow fast!
ReplyDeleteStill very much a beautiful little girl!!!
ReplyDeleteI remember you being a beautiful bride with short hair 😘
Oh NO, I'm so sorry! I agree though that the bob is precious! Agreed that morning baths make a life changing difference in the quality of Emerson's bob with having a good hair day!
ReplyDeleteMorning baths are just not an option for us. Especially as soon as school starts in 3 weeks when I have to get the kids up at 6:45. But really, she plays outside so much during the day and gets so sweaty, that we have to bathe her at night. And there is NO way I'm gonna bathe her 2x/day!
ReplyDeleteOh My...I do love the bob! Super cute!
ReplyDeleteShe looks adorable! And funky hair on a three year old is perfectly acceptable in my book. Olivia won't let me fix her hair many mornings, and I just go with it.
ReplyDeleteOh I hate she did that but her new cut is super cute and hopefully u can just mist it and light.y dry in the mornings! Whatta stinker! She still cute as a button tho!
ReplyDelete