Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 1st birthday, Anderson!!

Dear Anderson,

Happy first birthday to my favorite nephew! (Yes, I know that you are my only nephew. But I’m pretty sure you’d be up there regardless :)

I will never forget the day you were born! Your mommy called me and told me to get there fast, so I piled my family in the van and drove like a crazy person to Knoxville. A severe storm/almost tornado slowed us down a bit, so we ended up getting there about 5 minutes after you were born. I could not wait to get into the room to see you & hold you! Your Mommy was absolutely glowing (and barely broke a sweat; she is a medical marvel) and I have never seen your Daddy look so proud!!

Abby & Nate love you so much and will forever refer to you as “Baby Anderson,” probably even when you are 16. Sorry about that. They love their cousin so so much & loved playing with you at the beach, and at your birthday party this past weekend. We just wish you didn’t live 7 hours away!


We hope you have a wonderful first birthday. If you ask really nicely, I bet your Mommy will give you some Fruit Loops that you love so much, thanks to Abby & Nate. Maybe I will just mail you a box actually.

Love you, munchkin!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE!! So thankful you were there when he was born...and the week after. My sanity appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete