It has been a busy few weeks in the Givens household! Lots of visitors, lots of great weather, lots of projects, lots of fun!! Here's what we've been up to these days....
Greg's parents (Mum Mum & Granddaddy) were here this past weekend and I managed to capture a rare photo opp before going out to dinner one night. (Which may or may not have involved bribing Abby. Yes, folks, this is her happy face.) The kids had a great time with M&G....going to Toys R Us, playing at the park, taking walks, riding bikes, singing, and reading lots of books.
The kids are both still loving school, and I couldn't be happier. Actually, I have lots of school stories to tell, which will come in a later post. And truth be told, I'm really enjoying my "free time" 3 mornings a week while they are BOTH in school, especially because I've embarked on a new part-time career as a professional organizer. But more on that later :)
Krispy Kreme re-opened a few weeks ago (it was destroyed in the April 2011 tornado), and it was and continues to be a big deal in town! Greg brought us some donuts one morning for breakfast and I don't know who was happier, me or the kids!!! Oh how I love me some Hot & Now....
WHAT'S NEW WITH NATE??
Nate's days are filled with school, soccer, legos, and lots and lots of crafts. I love his little brain and all the things it comes up with. Every day when we come home from school, he runs to his craft table to draw something for me. Here are a few of my favorite creations:
Nate has also discovered his love for scotch tape. He uses it on almost all his creations now. And he has recently started rolling it into balls and setting "traps" around the house for us to step in!
Greg bought a "fancy" road bike back in July, and has been obsessed with cycling ever since. Of course the kids have picked up on this, and so now Nate asks all the time if he & Daddy can go ride bikes together. Greg finally adjusted the seat on N's bike this past weekend (so it fits him again!), and they have had a ball riding around our neighborhood and "chasing" each other at the dead-end road in front of our house.
WHAT'S NEW WITH ABBY?
Abby is such an odd bird sometimes. Which is something I love about her, because she is always giving me something to laugh at. For instance, these days, she insists on sleeping with socks on her feet AND her hands. Not sure if she's telling me her room is cold or maybe she's trying to do a puppet show at night!?
Krispy Kreme re-opened a few weeks ago (it was destroyed in the April 2011 tornado), and it was and continues to be a big deal in town! Greg brought us some donuts one morning for breakfast and I don't know who was happier, me or the kids!!! Oh how I love me some Hot & Now....
WHAT'S NEW WITH NATE??
Nate's days are filled with school, soccer, legos, and lots and lots of crafts. I love his little brain and all the things it comes up with. Every day when we come home from school, he runs to his craft table to draw something for me. Here are a few of my favorite creations:
| Green Power Ranger and red sword |
| McDonald's french fries and Daddy's bike |
Nate has also discovered his love for scotch tape. He uses it on almost all his creations now. And he has recently started rolling it into balls and setting "traps" around the house for us to step in!
Greg bought a "fancy" road bike back in July, and has been obsessed with cycling ever since. Of course the kids have picked up on this, and so now Nate asks all the time if he & Daddy can go ride bikes together. Greg finally adjusted the seat on N's bike this past weekend (so it fits him again!), and they have had a ball riding around our neighborhood and "chasing" each other at the dead-end road in front of our house.
WHAT'S NEW WITH ABBY?
Abby is such an odd bird sometimes. Which is something I love about her, because she is always giving me something to laugh at. For instance, these days, she insists on sleeping with socks on her feet AND her hands. Not sure if she's telling me her room is cold or maybe she's trying to do a puppet show at night!?
Like I've mentioned before, Miss Priss is always singing. All day, every day. Some day she WILL be on a stage, I just know it. She loves everything from nursery rhymes to VBS songs to Beyonce to Eric Church to Merle Haggard. (Yes, the 75 year old country legend Merle Haggard. No doubt she has been influenced by her Daddy & Granddaddy. She walks around the house singing "Mama Tried, Mama Tried".....)
To aid with middle-of-the-night potty breaks, Abby has started wearing a nightgown to bed. This one is a little big, but she l.o.v.e.s it and so do I! What a cutie!!
To aid with middle-of-the-night potty breaks, Abby has started wearing a nightgown to bed. This one is a little big, but she l.o.v.e.s it and so do I! What a cutie!!
I'm not sure if Abby is fashion-forward, or a really boring dresser. Because everytime I tell her to pick out her own clothes, she picks out a monochromatic outfit. As in, blue shirt, blue leggings. Or pink shirt with pink leggings. And she gets realllllly mad when I make her change clothes (that is, if we're going out in public.)
Abby has been seeing alot of her boyfriend, David, these days: in the nursery at MOMs group, on the sidelines at soccer practice, at playdates, and at Nate's school pick-up everyday. And one morning I had to work, so David's sweet mommy watched Abby for me. Which Abby enjoyed way too much, since she cried when I picked her up!!
Abby has been seeing alot of her boyfriend, David, these days: in the nursery at MOMs group, on the sidelines at soccer practice, at playdates, and at Nate's school pick-up everyday. And one morning I had to work, so David's sweet mommy watched Abby for me. Which Abby enjoyed way too much, since she cried when I picked her up!!
Check back soon for another post about all things pre-school! We've got a lot going on, but I wouldn't have it any other way.....
.jpg)
can't wait to hear about the part-time career! you will be awesome at that for sure.
ReplyDeleteCuties! Where are you finding your sweet nightgowns? I have a few of mine from childhood that Emerson has loved but haven't found any to buy!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Nate's crafts, he's awesome at them and SUPER creative!
ReplyDeleteAND OMG Abby in her nightgowns.. I can hardly contain myself!
Miss you!
I love how much they are their own sweet different selves. I miss them so much but feel so fortunate for skyping and your wonderful blog not to mention texting and talking. Love to all!!!
ReplyDelete