Nate was an altar server at Campus Mass on August 15th!!
I'm so proud of him and at the same time, so sad I missed it. We had *no* idea he would be serving at mass that day....he had signed up the first week of school to be an altar server, and just assumed he & the other 5th graders would get a little training from Father Deering since this new to all of them.
Nope!!
He said Father Deering gave them about 5 minutes of instructions and then it was time for mass! He was paired with his buddy Anthony, also a 5th grader and fellow newbie, as well as a 6th grader named Evan.
I was working at a consignment sale that day, and around 10 am my phone starting blowing up. I had 3 friends and 2 teachers send me all these wonderful pictures of Nate and share the news that he was an altar server! I was so thankful :)
| Handsome boys! Nate & Anthony |
Nate said it "wasn't as scary as he thought it'd be," and he's happy to do it again. (Hopefully next time I will be there to see it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment