Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday, Nate! [Part 1]

Six years ago today, I became a mom to the best little boy around!!! He's been good to me from the start, and gave me a relatively "easy" labor. Click here if you want to recap his birth story.

I'm not a huge fan of the term "Momma's Boy," but Nate and I have always had a special relationship from the start. Maybe it's because we're so alike.....we are rule-followers, people pleasers, and have really big smiles to boot :)


I love how much our relationship has evolved over the years. At first, he just depended on me for milk & diaper changes & middle of the night cuddles. Then he needed me to hold his hand as he learned to walk. Or kiss his boo-boo’s. Then he wanted me to read him books in his big boy bed. And kick a soccer ball with him. And now, he wants me to be the first one to hear how his day at school was. Or for me to “oooh and ahhh” over his latest Lego creation.

I love every stage we’ve gone through together these last 6 years. Nate is such a gentle spirit, a sweet & silly boy, and I love him to pieces. Here’s a stroll down memory lane, to see how much Nate the Great has changed!


4 months old

1 yr old

2 yrs old

3 yrs old

4 yrs old

5 yrs old

6 yrs old


We have a fun-filled day planned for Nate, despite him being at school. And I'm so excited to celebrate with my favorite 6 year old! Stay tuned for "Part 2" tomorrow to hear about all that :)

5 comments:

  1. Can I be Mom for a minute? I remember like yesterday the day you called to tell me you were pregnant with Nate, the maternity shopping on the way to Gatlinburg, talking to you in the hospital after your epidural, holding my nephew for the first time hours after he was born, the family watching Big Brother together in the hospital, and your arrival home with this new baby boy. After that it's been a whirlwind 6 years of visits, beach trips, Christmases, birthday parties and other gatherings in between. All making memories and impressions including the unplanned ones like having your flight delayed in Raleigh (Nate met Simon!). I can't wait to make more memories in less than 2 weeks! Happy Birthday to Nate the Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6th Birthday sweet boy, we love and miss you so much! I hope its a GREAT DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bones; you made me tear up! :) Nate loves his Aunt L!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm catching up on all your blogs Em. you are so prolific, I can't keep up! I'll never forget the race to get to Murfeesburro for his birth and running into the hospital, barely saying hello to Greg and his parents, running into your room and you presenting our first sweet grandson to us. That was the BEST! Being a grandparent is like being a Mom no one can prepare for it. Thank you for both your precious children, my GRANDCHILDREN !!!

    ReplyDelete