When we moved to Alabama over 1.5 years ago (!), my biggest fear was that the kids would have a hard time making new friends. Of course, putting them in school right away helped, but it's always nice to have friends to play with in your own neighborhood. I quickly made some "mommy friends" on our street, but it wasn't until we moved to house #2 in this neighborhood (back in November) that the kids got lucky enough to finally have some real playmates. And the best part - they live right next door to us!!!
Take today for example...Nate was literally outside today from 9:30 am-4:30 pm. He came in for about 20 minutes to eat lunch, and that was it. He couldn't wait to get back outside to play! There are 4 kiddos next door, ranging from ages 18 months to 8 years old. And they always seem to have one or two extra friends over there as well. Abby is equally as enthralled with the neighbors, especially since there are two girls around her age. Today, they got to play in this huge tunnel!
Over the past few months, I've captured lots of fun memories with our new neighbors/best friends. Never a dull moment! And I love that their mom feels the way I do....kids should be outside playing and running and using their imagination, instead of inside playing video games or watching tv!!
![]() |
| Wrestle-Mania |
|
|
| These boys love love love LEGOS!! |
| They have spent many hours in our craft room on rainy days.... |
We feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family right next door. Here's to many many more years of memories!!






What a blessing!:)
ReplyDeleteReminds me how fun it was to grow up in Clemmons West! I think we kept our shirts on more though :)
ReplyDeleteJealous!!! Actually really happy for you guys...just wish you lived next to me. Good thing you don't have a "Marni" neighbor :)
ReplyDeleteI HAVE to check the blog more often!!! I love this post- we feel just as lucky to have you guys next door!!!
ReplyDelete