Ever since October when we decided we were moving, I was excited for the new house. For many, many reasons. But one reason near the top of the list was that Abby would finally get a "big girl room." For those that saw her room at #17, it was - to put it nicely - a cave. It was tiny, had old carpet, slanted ceilings, and did I mention it was tiny!?
I had a budget set for decorating her new room at #31, but - shocker - I went over budget and had just a tiny bit left for her dresser. Enter: Pinterest. Oh how I love Pinterest. I found some inspiration to redo an old dresser, and one of my friends just happened to be selling an old dresser of her cousin's. See Exhibit A, below.
An old, outdated dresser with brass fixtures. But it was made of real wood and in reasonable shape. I snagged it and then enlisted the help of my genius neighbor Paige for a DIY makeover.
I knew I wanted something neutral because her walls are off-white, her bedding is robin-egg blue, and there are a few bright fuchsia accents. I decided on a very light slate gray for the main color of the dresser, with some white and crystal accents. Thanks to Paige, the dresser got a little added pizazz on the side, with some detailed stenciling. Have I mentioned that she is amazing!? We spent 3 days on & off in my (creepy) basement, painting and gossiping and laughing and painting some more. I think we did a total of 4 coats of the gray, and I spray painted the old hardware white and added some snazzy metallic drawer lines as well (which is actually just some cheap rolls of wrapping paper I found at TJ Maxx).
I am super super happy with the finished product, and ready to start another dresser makeover!!
What do you think!?!?!?
Looks Fabulous!!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! I paint all our dressers in the kids room!!! And I just bought an antique spindle bed for Reagan's big girl room if I ever get to it! Way to go!!
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome! Makes me excited about going antique shopping with yall next year!
ReplyDeleteAmazing. So pinterest worthy, that I pinned it for you. =)
ReplyDeleteIt really looks great. I'd love to do this for a dresser for colins room, but in a red of some type.
And the drawers, what is in the bottom of them?? I love that too.
ReplyDeleteLooks brand new! I am sure Abby loves it :) Super job sis!
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL! LOVE LOVE LOVE
ReplyDeleteOooh I love it! You are so creative!
ReplyDeleteOh my!! It is awesome!! You did a fabulous job!!! I am SUPER impressed!
ReplyDeleteI just scored myself a nice dresser at a yard sale for $10. Did you do anything to the dresser before painting? Or did you just paint it?
ReplyDelete