It's been awhile since I posted!! That's usually not like me, but these past few weeks have been such a series of ups and downs. That's how life goes with a 5 yr old and (almost) 3 yr old I guess....
So, two weekends ago, I participated in the Color Run (5K) with some friends. If you've never heard about it, click here. It's an amazing time and some of the ladies I did it with had deemed themselves "non-runners." So we walked! And danced. And sang. And had colored cornstarch throw on us. So fun! If they come to town again next year, I am going to try and talk Greg into doing it with me. Or maybe Nate. On second thought, Abby is probably the only one who wouldn't fuss if she got dirty. So I'll do it with Abby! :)
Later that afternoon, Abby woke up from her nap really upset, crying, and saying her ear hurt & that she couldn't hear. At first we thought she was being dramatic, but after about 20 minutes, she was still pitiful and complaining. So, we took her temperature and it was only around 100, but off to the walk-in clinic we went. Oddly enough, there was so much earwax in her ears that they couldn't examine them. Instead, they had to irrigate them both first. Let me say, I have NEVER heard Abby scream like that. It was just warm water, but since her ears hurt so bad, I guess it was pretty painful :( Bless her little heart. They finally got her ears cleaned out and deemed she had a double ear infection. Her first one. Of course I felt awful for her, but selfishly I was upset b/c Greg and I had a date night planned. Had a sitter coming and everything. (And for everyone who knows my cheap husband well....we don't hire sitters often!) Oh well, lots of snuggle time that night with Miss Priss and the amoxicillin seemed to ease her pain pretty fast. And a extra big dose of Tylenol for that fever :) And luckily, the antibiotic worked super fast and we didn't hear her complain about her ears again....
Then, last weekend, my sisters and I treated my mom to a spa/winery weekend getaway at Chateau Elan outside of Atlanta. It was a (very) belated 60th birthday present from April. As you can imagine, we had way too much to eat & drink, relaxed a lot, and my sides still hurt from laughing so much. Other than not sleeping well b/c of my coughing/snoring/lovely mother, the weekend was such a fun time & made me miss my family even more than usual!!
I rushed back from Atlanta that Sunday, to make it home in time to take the kids to a 2 pm birthday party. And what did I find when I got home? My daughter's face covered in a red rash. We had no idea what it was, but since she wasn't in any pain, itching, or had any type of fever, we didn't worry too much. I kept her home from the birthday party though, just in case. Well, when she woke up on Monday, her face had gotten MUCH blotchier and the rash had started to spread all over her body. I was worried it was Hand, Foot, Mouth (which is super contagious) so I took her to the doctor for a diagnosis since WebMD was not being helpful (and scaring the crap out of me).
Luckily, the doctor said it was just a (belated) allergic reaction to the amoxicillin. (Which I should have suspected, since my mom & I are both allergic to that as well as penicillin.) She recommended we try benedryl to clear up the rash. I am so glad we know now that she has that allergy, and I am doubly as glad that it was not a severe reaction with itching, pain, hives, etc. It could have been a lot worse! And clearly she didn't feel bad....here's Miss Hollywood on the way back from the doctor....
I just felt bad for Nate b/c Monday & Tuesday were his Fall Break and we stayed in the house with his freaky-looking sister b/c I couldn't deal with the stares from everyone :( Despite that, N was happy as usual. Oh that smile, what a heartbreaker!!
And this past week has been busy as well, but at least we haven't had any new health issues. Instead, it's just been a lot of stress (and excitement!) because we bought a house!!!!! More details - and pictures - to come as soon as inspection goes smoothly on Thursday (prayers please!). And we close very soon....on November 28th. But let me just say this one thing.....this is our dream house, and it literally fell into our laps. I could not.be.more.excited!












yay house (can't wait to see pics!) and glad abby's sickies are behind you! sister/mom weekend looked fun fun! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, a house! that is so exciting!!! Sick kids are the worst....and so glad that her reaction to amoxocilin was so mild!! A friend had a kid go through a really scary time with a reaction to penicilin! I totally get the stares, Tucker had that mess on his arm forever and a mom at the playground ripped her kid off the swings next to him and ran to her car....really awesome. Can't wait to see house pics!!!
ReplyDeleteWow... that was A LOT of info!
ReplyDeleteI hope to do the color run next year, looks fun!
LOVE the pics from the girls trip! Bec had some hysterical ones! Glad yall had a great time!
POOR ABBY :( That looks so painful but glad she took it like a champ, as usual!
And Uh... seriously... Nate is so handsome and looks so grown, I know I always say that!
WOOT WOOT ... cant wait to see the house, soooo excited!
Um, wow, a house!! Sounds like you've had a crazy month. Can't wait to see the pics!! And will pray for a drama-free inspection and closing for you guys.
ReplyDeleteWow you have had a lot going on!! Love the pictures of you in the Color Run! You are so photogenic!
ReplyDeletePoor, sweet Abby! Ear infections are no fun. :(
Congratulations on the house! Forever home....that is huge!